How can I keep my CM Commerce account secure?
We know you care about the security of your CM Commerce account. So do we. Whether you received an email from us encouraging you to provide personal details or you’ve noticed suspicious activity, here are our top recommendations for keeping your account and personal information safe.
Use a password unique to CM Commerce
If you use the same password across multiple software and services, a breach on one of those systems could mean a breach on all of them. In addition to using a password that is unique to CM Commerce, we also recommend a password that is:
- at least 30 characters long
- a mix of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols
- something not easily guessed, like a passphrase or personal motto
- consider using a Password Manager service
Be aware of possible phishing attempts
- Phishing emails are used by criminals to trick people into handing over sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, PIN numbers and credit card details.
- Phishers will go to great lengths to try to take over your account or steal your personal information. They may create fake websites that look like CM Commerce or send emails that imitate us and ask you for personal information.
- We will never send you an email asking you to provide your personal or credit card information.
Keep your computer safe
- To ensure the best possible CM Commerce experience, it’s important to keep your computer free of malware and viruses. There are signs you can look for that may indicate your computer has been infected:
- Unusually slow or sluggish computer performance
- Unexpected reboots, crashes, or freezing
- If you think your computer might be infected, you can use the anti-malware, anti-adware, or anti-virus software recommended by your computer manufacturer or a trusted IT professional.
Report fraudulent or suspicious activity
- At CM Commerce, we take fraud very seriously. If you notice suspicious activity, please contact us immediately so we can help you investigate.
Sign out of unused devices
- If you are planning to get rid of a device that you previously used, you should sign out of all accounts and services that you used on the device, including CM Commerce.
Report security flaws to us
- If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability within CM Commerce, we urge you to inform us as quickly as possible and to not disclose the vulnerability publicly until it is fixed. We appreciate your help, and rest assured we review all security flaws submitted.
If you have questions about the privacy of your information, please see our Privacy Notice.