Let’s be honest: one of the biggest reasons why Ecommerce store owners fail is because they don’t know how to grow their stores.
They either expect people to come naturally (the “Build It, and They Will Come” fallacy), or they simply don’t know what to do.
What ends up happening is most Ecommerce store owners start throwing random growth tactics, somehow expecting they’ll work.
That’s a huge mistake.
Throwing random growth tactics without knowing why you do them is a recipe for failure.
You must understand why do you what you do if you want to grow your Ecommerce store.
That’s why in this post I’ll give a thorough overview of customer acquisition and retention tactics, resources on Ecommerce growth tactics and customer service, and additional helpful resources for you to grow your store.
Even if your store sells unique and amazing products, that doesn’t mean your products will sell themselves. Making sure your store grows in a monthly basis is another key task that you, as the store owner, need to be responsible of. These posts should guide you through getting your first customers.
- 5 Ways to Attract New Customers – As always, Armando Roggio brings 5 great ways to acquire new customers to your store. They are pay-per-click advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, marketplaces, and contest marketing. You can’t miss this one.
- 12 Guaranteed Methods to Reduce Cost Per Acquisition – If you thought acquiring users is simple and cheap, you’re wrong. Customer acquisition can get expensive really fast. Learning to control, and then reduce the cost per acquisition is key to create a long-lasting customer acquisition machine.
- E-Commerce: Which Customer Acquisition Channels Perform Best? – This article, based on a study made by Custora, will show you the best customer acquisition channel for you to use. Hint? Is organic and free.
- How 7 Fashion Ecommerce Businesses Acquired Their First Customers – Even though this article is specific for fashion Ecommerce stores, it’s still interesting for every type of store owner.
- The Ultimate Guide to Customer Acquisition – Although this article focuses on online business in general, it’s still really good for any type of ecommerce store owner.
Converting People into Customers
Now you have people coming in your store, you need to convince them to buy. That is called “Conversion Optimization”, and is more an art than a science. These posts will help you increase your conversion rates.
Ecommerce Growth Tactics
In this part, I’ll share with you random growth tactics you can use in your store.
Retaining Your Customers
You’ve worked very hard to get people to visit your site, and to buy from you. Now, you need to make them come back sooner. These posts will show you how:
Customer Service and Success
The last articles showed you how to retain your customers from a business standpoint. These posts will show you how to make them loyal to you:
In order to have a growing and profitable Ecommerce store you need to have a good grasp on analytics. The next articles will help you do that:
Ecommerce Case Studies
I can say a lot about what you should do to grow your store, but there’s nothing like learning from those who already did it. The next articles are going to teach you what others did to grow, so you can take learn from what growth really looks like:
There you have it! Be sure to read the growth tactics for Ecommerce growth, try some of them out, and start measuring your success!
If you have already grow for your store, please share your experiences in the comments below!